Dependable worker needed to fill an immediate opening for a Potato Inspector in Aroostook County. This entry-level opportunity will provide a flexible schedule and travel reimbursement. Full-Time or Part-Time; $14.50 - $16.00/hr.
The Potato Inspector will travel to multiple shipping points in central Aroostook and gather samples of potatoes and other agricultural products for evaluation. Employee will examine the samples to certify the quantity, condition, size and/or contact specifications of the local produce and record their findings. Qualified candidates will be able to obtain an inspection license while on the job. Previous experience grading or inspecting agricultural products is preferred, but not required.
- Collect produce samples from multiple shipping sites in Aroostook County.
- Examine samples to certify quantity, condition, size and/or contact specifications.
- Record and report inspection findings.
- Obtain and hold an agricultural inspection license for the state of Maine (certification training will be provided).
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
Schedule: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.50 - $16.00/hr. with $.45/mile reimbursement