Temporary opening for a Dispatch Operator in Presque Isle. Excellent opportunity for an individual that possesses strong communication skills and working knowledge of computer and telecom systems. 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM; $15.00 - $16.50/hr.
The Dispatch Operator will receive and process requests for both emergency and non-emergency transports. Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to deliver the highest quality customer service and care to patients and their families. Applicants should demonstrate a strong proficiency for teamwork and be able to relay information in a clear, professional, and timely manner.
- Receives and processes requests for both emergency and non-emergency transports.
- Maintains timely, concise, and legible written communications when appropriate.
- Monitors radio communications for updates to vehicle status and uses proper radio etiquette.
- Reads maps accurately and gives appropriate directions.
- Communicates in a professional matter at all times with employees, customers, public safety agencies and Communication Center clients.
- Makes proper and timely notifications to supervisory and management staff regarding issues of importance or concern.
- Offers suggestions for improvement of system through proper channels of communication.
- Relays thorough and complete shift turnover to on-coming dispatcher.
- Maintains working knowledge of communications consoles, phones and Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- Uses knowledge and awareness of available resources to schedule, dispatch and track calls in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains required certifications and attends all mandatory staff and in-service meetings as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or international equivalent preferred.
- Experience in ambulance/911 dispatching or call center work preferred.
- Current Maine licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician or Emergency Medical Dispatcher preferred (can be obtained while on the job).
- Basic computer skills, including ability to power on the computer, use a mouse to interact with elements on the screen, use a computer keyboard, and shut down the computer properly.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows OS preferred.
Schedule: Full-time; 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Pay: $15.00 - $16.50/hr.